Haven’t given a recipe in a while thought I’d share something yummy.
Mexican Chocolate Brownies
• ¾ cup no-salt-added black beans
• ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
• 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
• ½ cup pure cane sugar
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup white whole wheat flour
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tsp powdered pure cane sugar
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil, extending foil over edges.
• In a food processor combine beans, applesauce, and chopped chocolate. Cover and process until smooth. Add cane sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla; cover and process until combined.
• In a small bowl stir together the next six ingredients (through cayenne pepper). Add the flour mixture to the food processor bowl with the chocolate mixture. Cover and process just until combined.
• Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or just until center is firm and edges are slightly puffed. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with powdered cane sugar. Using foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut into squares.
Forks Over Knives – The Recipes contains over 160 whole-food, plant-based recipes, with new recipes added every week! Download it now on the App Store