I had to share this recipe because it was so good. Might be my new favorite soup from Forks over Knives.
Creamy Wild Rice Soup
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 8oz. pack button mushrooms *I used canned button mushrooms one time and fresh sliced mushrooms another
- ¾ cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 leek
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup chickpea flour *I didn’t use stayed with almond flour
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Combine the stock, mushrooms, wild rice, leek, and garlic in a 5-quart Dutch oven or soup pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until the rice is tender (kernels will start to pop open). Stir in the bell peppers, carrot, and salt. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes more.
- Combine the almond flour and chickpea flour in a small bowl; stir in ¼ cup water. Stir the mixture into the soup. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Stir in up to ½ cup more water to reach the desired consistency. Stir in the thyme and vinegar. *I did need to add a lot of water to this soup the next day because the rice absorbed most of it.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve hot.