Forks Over Knives Perfect Vegan Carrot Cake
Morning everyone I am sitting in bed watching gold rush on the discovery channel with my dogs. I’m haven’t given you a recipe in a while so I figured today would be a good day. Have a great week.
Perfect Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1½ cups plant-based milk
- 4½ oz whole dates
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups regular rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 carrots
- ½ cup walnuts
- Combine the plant-based milk, dates, ¼ cup of the raisins, the banana, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes or until dates are softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (or use a silicone baking pan).
- Place the oats in a blender. Cover and blend until a powder forms. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Transfer the date mixture to the blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Add the date mixture to the oat mixture in bowl; stir just until combined. Fold in the remaining ½ cup of raisins, the carrots, and walnuts (if using).
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; cool on a wire rack. Spread the cake with Vanilla Frosting (if using).
Forks Over Knives – The Recipes contains over 160 whole-food, plant-based recipes, with new recipes added every week! Download it now on the App Store
2 thoughts on “Forks Over Knives Perfect Vegan Carrot Cake”
What do you sho with the carrots?
Omg I missed a step. I shredded the 3 carrots. Thank you so much for pointing this out.