I haven’t given a recipe in a long time. I made this plus 3 others this week. All Vegan and Plant Based. I loved this one. Thought I’d share with you
Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Casserole
• 2 cups dry quinoa
• 3½ cups vegetable broth
• ½ medium onion
• 6 cloves garlic
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
• 1 cup frozen green peas
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 3 cups store-bought marinara sauce
• 1 medium head cauliflower
• In a large saucepan combine quinoa and 3 cups broth. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Drain off any excess water, if needed.
• In a skillet, combine onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and ¼ cup broth; cook over medium for 10 minutes or until onion is tender, adding more broth, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking. Add cauliflower to skillet and cook 10 to 15 minutes more, or until cauliflower is just starting to get tender. Do not overcook. Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
• Preheat oven to 350℉. Fluff quinoa with a fork; then spread it in an even layer in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Cover quinoa with an even layer of marinara sauce, followed by cauliflower and green peas on top. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, until there is browning on the cauliflower. Serve warm.
Forks Over Knives – The Recipes contains over 160 whole-food, plant-based recipes, with new recipes added every week! Download it now on the App Store