This is one of my favorite salads to eat. I very often skip the avocado and lettuce leaf and eat it as my meal over some bulgar. I like it with the heat. It is like a salsa.
Black Bean, Corn & Roasted Red Pepper Lettuce Cups
• 2 cups frozen roasted corn
• 1 15oz. can no-salt-added black beans
• 1 mango
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• ½ cup jarred roasted red bell peppers
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tsp lime zest
• 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
• 12-16 leaves romaine lettuce
• ½ avocado
• Combine the corn, beans, mango, tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, and lime zest and juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Spoon the bean mixture onto the romaine hearts, and top with the avocado.
Forks Over Knives – The Recipes contains over 160 whole-food, plant-based recipes, with new recipes added every week! Download it now on the App Store