Made something new this week with my Forks Over Knives recipe app. Thought I’d share it. I love granola bars. This was a great breakfast. I used almond butter instead of peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a 10-inch square of parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and brown rice syrup. Heat over low just until smooth, whisking constantly with a fork. Cool slightly. Stir in vanilla. Stir in oats, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- Using moist fingers, press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 18 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Using the parchment paper, lift out uncut bars. Cut into bars. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.