Made this soup from WW, formally weight watchers, the other day. It was really good. A nice hearty filling soup perfect for the winter weather. I substituted regular potatoes for sweet potatoes because I’m not a fan as well as natural almond butter for the peanut butter.￼ This might be a new favorite.
- Cooking spray
- 2 Onions, medium size chopped
- One Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 cubes
- 2 Carrots, chopped ￼￼￼￼
- 2 cloves Garlic. minced
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 6 Tbsp Peanut Butter, natural creamy style
- 8 cups Spinach
- In medium pan coated with cooking spray add onions and green peppers and cook until soft about three minutes￼￼
- Add in carrots, sweet potatoes, and garlic cook for an additional minute, stirring often. Add in ginger, salt, and cayenne pepper cooking for an additional minute. ￼
- Poor in vegetable broth scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the peanut butter stirring until smooth￼.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are tender, around 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach, stirring occasionally cook for an additional 10 minutes.