I love my soups. I eat them almost everyday. I have not been 100% plant based lately but Forks Over Knives is still my favorite app for soups and stews. I highly recommend getting the app to anyone.
Creamy Carrot Soup
• ¼ cup cashews
• 1 medium onion
• 1½ lbs. carrots
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 1 leaf fresh sage
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
• 2 tbsp parsley
• In a small bowl, cover the cashews with ½ cup hot water; let soak 20 minutes. Transfer cashews and remaining liquid to a blender; blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
• In a saucepan, combine onion, carrots, bell pepper, rosemary, thyme, sage, and garlic. Add ½ cup water and sauté over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
• Remove pan from heat. Let vegetables cool for 10 minutes; then remove rosemary sprigs and thyme stem. (Don’t remove the sage leaf.)
• Transfer sauteed vegetables to a blender, and puree to a smooth paste. Return pureed vegetables to saucepan and add 3 cups water and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring soup to boiling.
• To serve, place soup in individual bowls, drizzle with cashew cream, and garnish with pomegranate seeds and parsley.
Forks Over Knives – The Recipes contains over 160 whole-food, plant-based recipes, with new recipes added every week! Download it now on the App Store