A Blue Tuesday
I was feeling slightly blue yesterday for no reason in particular. I slept in, not really wanting to get out of bed, but nature called. I did a workout but is was below even my lowest of standards. I just had no energy and I was trying to lift weights. I just had a difficult time with each move even at low weights. I certainly didn’t get any feel good endorphins from my pitiful workout. I got a lot accomplished in the cloud of my blue mood so maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing. I kept myself busy most of the day. I was on the phone making tons of calls, good thing I don’t work.
- I did have a bright moment with my first call which was a FaceTime with my mom. There is something about seeing my mom’s face that always makes me feel better. I didn’t tell her I was sad because I didn’t know why I even was sad. I just knew I was happier talking to her.
- I fell out of my wheelchair this morning reaching down to pick up my clothes. I was getting myself up and somehow knocked my glucose sensor right off the sensor pad in the process. I had to make a call to get a replacement sensor sent so I stay on program. It wasn’t a difficult call but it did take time to get this done. Just annoying.
- I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon wireless. My cellphone bill went up $60 because I added my Apple Watch to the plan. I was charged a $35 activation fee. For a watch????? Well I got a $20 credit without even asking. That was good. The rest was prorated and precharged monthly costs. After this month it will only be $7.
- I had to Appeal an insurance decision. They give you a phone number to call with 600 prompts that lead to nowhere but a disconnection. I had to call back more than once which was extremely frustrating. I don’t even know how I got to a human but thankfully somehow I did. From there it took a minute to file the appeal. It unfortunately took me over 30 minutes to get there.
- I received an email from Sirius that my payment wouldn’t go through. I knew I was just charged in September so I had to make that call as well. Another ridiculous conversation. They wanted to charge me $65 for 3 months so I decided to cancel my subscription. I’m in my car maybe 2 times a month. Next thing they say is $45 for 6 months. So I kept it for now.
- I’ve also spent the last 2 days dealing with my BionicGym customer service. My controller wouldn’t charge. They were going to send me out a new charger but I tried another charger from my sister and that one didn’t work either. I hate not having my BionicGym. I didn’t want to wait until it got fixed ☹️. I kept plugging it in and checking to see if it would charge. Then I finally saw one of the pins on the bottom looked pushed in. I got my tweezer out and pulled it up. I put it on the charger and it started charging. That made my whole day.
I ended my day on a happy note and I got so much accomplished. I still don’t know why I was sad but by the end of the day I was feeling much better. It felt good to get all those calls out of the way. It felt great fixing my Bionic Gym and I’m ready for a new day.