Sometimes I’m amazed when I look at my stats to see which blogs are still popular getting consistent hits. Like this one on Intermittent Fasting two months later https://multipleexperiences.org/2018/08/31/intermittent-fasting-2-months-later/. This blog was written in August of 2018. However it wasn’t the popularity of the blog that struck me it was the date I wrote the blog because I STILL EAT THIS WAY!!!!
Wow that’s along time and this blog was written two months later. I actually started eating the intermittent fasting way in June of 2018. It is February 2020. The realization hit me and I was shocked myself. It hasn’t helped me loose weight in all this time but it has helped me change bad eating habits I had.
- I started drinking water to start my day instead of just at night. Because I use cream in my coffee it is a food and isn’t allowed in the fasting hours so I normally do not have my coffee until almost 11 o’clock. I use to drink coffee first thing in the morning even as I exercised. I always drank water but now I drink a better amount.
- I stopped mindless snacking at night. I was always a night eater in front of the tv. I always saved all my snacking for those hours. I are too much food too close to bedtime. Snacks I ate just because not because I was hungry. With intermittent fasting I had to stop eating at a specific time. It stopped the snacking.
- I started eating dinner earlier. It is normally just me in my house and I go into bed by 9-9:30 at night. To eat dinner at 6 or 7 was too close to bedtime so I decided to move my dinner to around 4-4:30. This may sound early but I eat two meals a day one around 11-12 and dinner around 4-4:30. I only eat between 11-7. So the time of dinner isn’t as crazy as it sounds.
- I have not lost weight but I am in a wheelchair and diet and exercise are very important. I workout to the best of my ability 5 times a week and I am currently back on weight watchers. I track everything I eat and my weight. I may not be loosing but I’m not really gaining much either and I have progressed much more in the last year making movement harder.
- I don’t even think about it anymore. I am not hungry first thing in the morning and I couldn’t imagine eating. I’m up by 8:30 each day and my first food consumed is my coffee at 11.
It has been so long it is a habit now. Like I said I was actually shocked myself when I realized it was just shy of two years. I cNt imagine eating any other way. It works for me and I am not hungry. It isn’t about weight loss now it’s about habits and healthier eating.