Over 20 years I have been on many different drugs. I’ve stop taking things and started taking things. There are many drugs I’ve taken for the MS itself and many for its symptoms. I figured I list all the things I take right now from my MS. I’ve also included links to clinical trials and a couple of drugs I recently stopped taking.
- Ocrevus this is my main drug for relapsing remitting MS. I take it through an IV once every 6 months.
- Biotin 100mg 3 times a day. https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2017/05/09/medday-new-phase-3-trial-and-belief-in-biotin-potential-to-treat-progressive-ms-interview-with-frederic-sedel/. There has been positive results in clinical trials for this with progressive forms of MS. Since I am considered in both secondary progressive MS and relapsing remitting MS, I was put on this well over a year ago. I completely believe this has made a difference. You can get the high dosage through a specialty pharmacy. I use ace pharmacy https://highdosebiotin.net/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4feQ3eXh2QIVl0sNCh3rNQh_EAAYAyAAEgJ_d_D_BwE
- Oxybutynin used for an overactive bladder. Helps with the urgency of going to the bathroom and the MS issues associated with that.
- Stool softeners 2 times a day to help with the lack of muscle control in that area due to MS
- DoTerra Vitality Pack a multi vitamin, cell support and omega pack that has given me increased energy as well as helping me sleep. A definite game changer for me.
- DoTerra Probiotic. I learned the importance of a healthy gut.
- Topiramate used for my migraines which is thought to be possibly caused by the swelling of my lesions in my brain. I take 75mg a day.
- Cyclobenzaprine the generic for Flexeril a muscle relaxant for the spasms I get with MS. I take 2 pills before bed. Helps me sleep too.
- Baclofen also for muscle spasms. I can take these throughout the day as needed but always take one pill at bedtime.
- Gabapentin generic for neurontin used to treat neuropathy pain and restless leg syndrome. I use it for the twitches I get. I also can take this as needed but take at least one at bedtime or I’d twitch all night long.
- Prozac used for depression. I’m on 20mg and have been for 20 years. I stopped for a year and realized I cried over everything. When I started taking it again my mood settled. I originally was prescribed this to offset the side effects of depression from Betaseron.
- Relpax as needed for severe migraines
- Simvastatin usually prescribed for high cholesterol but not for me. A clinical study was done finding promise for progression with the disease. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25795002/. I have recently stopped taking it because of weight issue. Taking this drug and gaining weight seem to coincide. I am seeing what happens for a few weeks.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid another clinical trial was done but this vitamin https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2016/09/19/ectrims2016-antioxidant-lipoic-acid-may-slow-spms-neurodegeneration. I was on this for again almost a year. I recently stopped because of all the vitamins I’m taking but doTerra. I really didn’t see much of a difference taking this or not taking this.
I hope you find this list useful. I actually am bookmarking it myself for when I go to the doctor I have a list of my medicines.